Lynda's Reviews > The Last Train to London

The Last Train to London by Meg Waite Clayton

I'm so grateful to have won an advance copy of this novel, and will surely be loaning it to my friends to read as well. As other reviewers have written, there are a lot of WWII and Holocaust novels being published in the last year or so, but I feel that this is one of the best and most important, both in story telling and as a reminder to the world that the children MUST be cared for and protected and above all, loved, for without them, there is no future. They will move ahead and tell what they have endured so that perhaps the hate of the world might be vanquished again.

I'll definitely be watching for this author's appearances on tour, and hoping for many more books to be written by her.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Last Train to London.

April 17, 2019 – Shelved (ebook Edition)
April 17, 2019 – Shelved as: to-read (ebook Edition)
May 5, 2019 – Shelved
May 5, 2019 – Shelved as: to-read
July 2, 2019 – Started Reading
July 2, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)

message 1: by Meg (new) - rated it 5 stars

Meg Clayton Lynda, thank you SO MUCH for reading, and for this lovely review! I will be getting around a bit this fall, even to Canada! Dates still being set, but they will all be listed at http://megwaiteclayton.com/events/ and I would WELCOME the opportunity to thank you in person should we be anywhere near each other. Warmly,
Meg

message 2: by Sue (new) - added it

Sue Seligman What a great review! I cannot wait to read this book! Congratulations on winning the ARC...I have been entering all the giveaways but so far, no luck! I will have to wait to publication date, and I will be at the store on that day..lol! I think that the trend of writing Holocaust fiction is so important because soon there will be no one left to tell there personal stories, and we must not forget this terrible chapter in history. Thank you for writing this book, and I cannot wait to read it!

Lynda Meg wrote: "Lynda, thank you SO MUCH for reading, and for this lovely review! I will be getting around a bit this fall, even to Canada! Dates still being set, but they will all be listed at http://megwaiteclay..."

Wow, thank YOU for replying to my review. I know authors don't get to have a lot of input in where they go on tour, but we have LOTS of awesome independent bookstores in Minneapolis & Saint Paul, MN.
Any thoughts of a sequel to Last Train to London? I find myself wondering what happened to the characters next, which is surely a sign of loving a story.
Possible spoiler below for anyone who hasn't read this novel yet...
Maybe even the story of what happened to JoJo's train?