Michelle's Reviews > The Girl at the Window

The Girl at the Window by Rowan Coleman

'I've been the only living soul in this house for a very long time' Ma says, turning her hollow gaze to meet mine. 'But not the only soul'

I went into this book totally blind, by the title I was expecting a Girl or a train, a girl with a tattoo or a girl simply gone type book but oh how wrong I was.

This book is just gorgeous, there is literally no other word for it, which is weird as I would put it under the horror genre, it's dark, its creepy, but its utterly gorgeous.

This book is centred around Ponden Hall, a very real place, a place the Brönte siblings spent a lot of time back in the day, a place that inspired Emily's wuthering heights, the place of the famous box bed. Emily features heavily in this story, a story seamlessly woven of fact and fiction spanning over hundreds of years.

'And if he treats books this way, god knows how he treats the people in his life'

This book features everything on my five star hit list, ghosts, historical facts, legends, libraries, thunder, hope, adorable characters, all woven together in fiction. I felt so many things reading this, it's just indescribable.

If you're wondering what to read this summer, pick this book, amongst all the thunder filled pages is the most gorgeous plot.

Please dont be put off by the title, it really is daffodils on a rainy day.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Girl at the Window.

May 4, 2019 – Shelved