April's Reviews > The Source

The Source by James A. Michener

Jul 23, 2008

Read in January, 2009

Loved it! It's daunting since it's over 1000 pages and has been on my shelf since my mom gave it to me in high school or college. I finally picked it up in August and had a rough start with it, but once I got going, found it facinating and more of a history lesson that I feel I got in school (even though it's fiction.)

I would recommend it strongly to anyone interested in world history (any era) and world religions. It was particularly relevant to the past weeks events in Gaza. Many parts of this book made me wonder again the value of humanity at times and if it will always be human nature to hate, disagree and hurt one another. Although I know historical horrors, they never seem to amaze and sadden me. Religions, cultural differences and war seem to be neverending. This book makes me want to learn and read more. To better understand what has gone before me and what will likely follow.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Source.

06/12/2016 marked as: read

message 1: by Alicen (new)

Alicen Read this book when I was in Peace Corps and was totally enthralled....glad you loved it too.

April Hey, can you send me your address? I sent you a xmas postcard and it got returned. I guess I'm behind the times. =)