AGandyGirl's Reviews > Claustrophilia

Claustrophilia by Ezra Blake

“There is no need to fear pain,” he says. “Embrace the pain. Endure this for me, and we can be together.”

It is so wrong to have enjoyed this as much as I did. I mean fucking hell...this is without a doubt the most disturbing book I have EVER read. This was well past any limits I may have had and to think I thought Flesh Cartel was limit pushing. Like Flesh Cartel, it is not just about the acts...it is the mind fuckery happening and the brilliant writing which allows the reader to be totally captivated into the minds of these men.

Like Chris I felt on more than one occasion like I too had received a dose of morphine.

It starts as a gentle tingle in the back of his neck. Just a faint shimmer of relief. He thinks for a moment he imagined it… but no, something is happening, and it's not in his head. A sweet, familiar warmth washes over him, subtle at first but gaining traction. The pain and fatigue melt away. His ruthlessly strict position becomes more bearable by the minute. Sweet, sweet intravenous painkillers. Every ache, every strained tendon and crushed joint is replaced by blissful numbness, and chemical euphoria lights up his brain's pleasure centers like the Las Vegas strip. It's more than relief. It's orgasmic. He wants to shout his gratitude to the heavens.

Because I mean you are almost lulled into a peaceful state of mind as you are then taken straight into some flat out heinous acts. WOW.

I do wish Goodreads had this cover uploaded because it is far superior to the one shown. Damn...

Want to push your limits and aren't afraid of the trigger warnings...then I highly recommended this.

Yep. These are pretty spot on. Read at your own risk indeed.

Like with Flesh Cartel...I am so pleased to have ventured down this disturbing road with Marco. Not sure I could read this type of book with anyone else.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Claustrophilia.

May 4, 2019 – Shelved
May 4, 2019 – Shelved as: to-read
May 7, 2019 – Started Reading
May 7, 2019 –
1.0% "Trigger warnings: abusive relationships, blood, corpses/ necrophilia, cannibalism, claustrophobia, death, emotional abuse, physical abuse, sexual abuse, drug use, forced captivity, graphic sex, kidnapping, rape, suicide (attempted), torture, violence, watersports/ urine. Read at your own risk.

Wow!!

BR with Marco"
May 8, 2019 –
10.0% "“Another dose of morphine,” he says, “in exchange for your company at my dinner table. I’m sure you remember Miss Gloria Harper, from your case files? She’ll be joining us tonight.”

*dying*. Is Gloria dead, a mophined zombie or the meal?? LOL"
May 10, 2019 –
30.0% "

Gotta love it. Phew. So fucked up and yet..."
May 11, 2019 –
50.0% "“Even psychopaths desire compassion, Christopher. Perhaps he saw in you a singular opportunity to be understood and accepted without pretense.”"
May 11, 2019 –
58.0% "“I like to think I brought out the humanity in him.”
“And he brought out the animal in you,” says Ivan.
“Oh no,” he says with a laugh. “I'm a wolf in sheep's clothing, Doctor Skinner. Always have been. All he did was remove the disguise.”
"
May 12, 2019 – Shelved as: cannibals
May 12, 2019 – Shelved as: limit-pushing
May 12, 2019 – Shelved as: necrophilia
May 12, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)

Jan  Loved this review! X

Moony Eliver Great review! This book blew my mind. And I love this cover, hadn't seen it before. Looks like it's the one shown on Amazon now, but it wasn't at the beginning...

AGandyGirl Jan wrote: "Loved this review! X"

Thank you!! ;)

AGandyGirl Moony wrote: "Great review! This book blew my mind. And I love this cover, hadn't seen it before. Looks like it's the one shown on Amazon now, but it wasn't at the beginning..."

Thanks!! Yes this cover is twistedly fitting. Definitely mind blowing!!

Shile Amazing review for an amazing book, my friend! I am so happy you read this and loved it too. It is a dark masterpiece. xoxo

Xia Xia Lake As my friends said above, AGandyGirl, AMAZING review! And how the hell I didn't know about that cover? I follow Ezra on twitter and nothing was shared there.

Also look at this, book 2 is in the works (God help me):

AGandyGirl Shile wrote: "Amazing review for an amazing book, my friend! I am so happy you read this and loved it too. It is a dark masterpiece. xoxo"

Thank you! Dark indeed. Very curious about what’s to come in future books! 😱

AGandyGirl Xia Xia wrote: "As my friends said above, AGandyGirl, AMAZING review! And how the hell I didn't know about that cover? I follow Ezra on twitter and nothing was shared there.

Also look at this, book 2 is in the wo..."

Thank you so much!! And yes on this cover. A little hidden gem I guess. Can’t wait to see what’s in store for us next!! 😱

⚣ Marco ⚣ Awesome review! And thanks for the BR. xoxoxo

AGandyGirl ⚣ Marco ⚣ wrote: "Awesome review! And thanks for the BR. xoxoxo"

Thank you! Looking forward to our next book too!!