Izzy's Reviews > The Ask and the Answer

The Ask and the Answer by Patrick Ness

“So who are you then, Todd Hewitt? What makes you so special?”
Where to start, where to start? In that first chapter, I was just so proud of you Todd. I feel like we’ve come a long way and it just never stops for you does it?

But seriously, where to start? I thought the last book was good. This one is better. Like, sell your aunt and your soul to the devil kind of good. It's just so full of stuff.

First off, despite my many attempts, I could never guess what would happen. When I gave up trying and just went with it, it was still like running into a brick wall with your eyes closed. You knew it was somewhere but you didn't know where. In fact it was like running into MULTIPLE brick walls.

The characters were even better than before. Not only do we get to hear from Viola's point of view (who is better than I could've hoped for) but all the characters are well developed and waaaay too realistic. I also developed some weird emotions for Davy Prentiss- seriously, right from the start. I just wanted to hug him though he was such an ass. But most of all, Todd. Sweet Todd. You scared me Todd. I got wrinkles from you Todd. DON'T DO THAT TO ME AGAIN TODD!

I'm sort of speechless. And still, after everything... I miss Manchee. Angharrad was sweet but if anything it made me miss Manchee even more. Poo? Todd? Poo? Manchee would've stopped this from happening. He was a bloody good dog.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Ask and the Answer.

February 20, 2012 – Shelved
February 21, 2012 – Started Reading
February 21, 2012 –
page 29
5.41% "This book doesn't wait around does it?" (Hardcover Edition)
February 21, 2012 –
page 29
5.61% "This book doesn't wait around does it?"
February 22, 2012 –
February 22, 2012 – Shelved as: strong-characters
February 22, 2012 – Shelved as: ultimate-cliffhanger
February 22, 2012 – Finished Reading

message 1: by Jo (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jo I love how you read this book in like an hour haha.

Oh Davy, my poor, poor heart. :(

Also, Viola is my soul-sister.

Noelle You are so right about wrinkle-inducing Todd! And the running into brick walls part! I love this review.

Izzy Ha thanks! There were Izzy shaped holes through each and every one. Just went charging in. Todd. His name says it all doesn't it. He's just so Todd!

Noelle Izzy, I started calling him "Toddammit" during Ask & Answer. I still love him though. Oh, Todd.

Izzy That. Is. Genius.

message 6: by Jo (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jo Toddammit.
HAHAHAHA.
That is brilliant, Noelle.
I love how Ness encourages us to make up our own vocabulary.
;-)

Rowan I feel you girl ! :'(

Gina Marcelin I miss Manchee also.

Lily Mcauley This review summed up this book! I do enjoy Angharrad but Manchee most certainly was the best.