Brenda's Reviews > Heart's Desire

Heart's Desire by Wendy LaCapra

Lady Clarissa has decided to live life on her terms. After the end of a ten-year betrothal, she wants nothing to do with marriage or the men of the ton. Least of all her friend’s brother, the very charming Lord Markham, or Hearts, as many ladies call the oh-so-handsome earl.

Markham pursues relationships with no ties that bind. Acting the rake leaves everyone satisfied, except that he's never thought himself a rake. He is far too proper to be labeled a rake. Now he finds himself acting the savior for Clarissa.

Clarissa is appalled. She did not need to be saved. Reluctantly, she agrees to the fake courtship.

This story has it's twists and turns. Never did Markham suspect he would actually fall for Clarissa when this all began, but fall he did. Now can he convince her that his feelings are genuine and that marriage to him is her best option. He has willingly given control over this courtship to the lady in question so it is up to her how things will end.
I loved this book. It isn't the first book I've read by this author. It is book #2 in this four book series and I have read them both. I found both to my liking but this one gets slightly higher marks than the first one.
I gave this book 4.75 of 5.0 stars for storyline and characterization and a sensual rating of 4 of 5 flames.

The intimacy between this pair is pretty descriptive like the first book without being overt.
Although there are carryover characters both books stand well on their own. You will not be lost if you read only one of the two so far but it is helpful for you to read them in order of publication if you are reading both books.
I received a complimentary ARC of this book to read. This in no way affected my opinion of this book which I read and reviewed voluntarily.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Heart's Desire.

May 1, 2019 – Started Reading