Samantha's Reviews > Leviathan

Leviathan by Scott Westerfeld

Feb 20, 2012

bookshelves: audiobook, library
Read from July 10 to 16, 2012

I finished listening to this audiobook a couple days ago. I really enjoyed listening to it. The reader to a great job with the voices and made the story's action come to life. Guy readers will probably find this steampunk book right up their alley: lots (LOTS) of action, war, robotic machines, sci-fi creatures, and very little (but it is there!) romance. My only complaint is how abruptly the story ended. I know the sequel is already out, so at least I don't have to wait for a year to find out what happens next, but it felt like the story was just chopped in mid-scene for the ending. If not for that, I probably would've given this book 5 stars.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Leviathan.

07/10/2012 "chapter 12. I can't imagine/visualize the creatures from this story as well as I'd like, but the story so far is enjoyable and very well written."
07/16/2012 "Only 18 tracks left to listen to. This story packs a lot of action...almost too much action and not enough story at the beginning. Near the halfway point, the story really started to pick up though and I'm enjoying it a bunch more now."