Sassy Southern's Reviews > Unexpected Love

Unexpected Love by Kimberly Readnour

liked it

Staci has made a pact with herself to concentrate on her professional life which means focusing on grad school only, and finding a new job as she suddenly finds herself in need of one. Not to mention her most recent one-night stand ended a little differently than planned. Thank goodness she's never going to see him again. Yeah, you and I both know she just jinxed herself which means of course their paths will cross again...and it comes in the form of Kyle being her new boss.

Kyle is a nerd and embraces it. Gaming? Loves it. Computers? They're the best. Being smart and good at what he does, Kyle also tends to be quite stubborn, but he has a heart of gold and always acts with the best of intentions.

Seemingly opposites in every way, they're so far from each other's types, yet the attraction is strong and Staci feels safe with him, as if he's familiar, which is weird considering they just met. Kyle knows their night together didn't go as he'd hoped, seeing as how he woke up alone, but he can't understand why Staci seems so mad about it.

As they work together, getting to really know the other person, the connection between them continues to grow, yet both are leery of acting on it for various reasons. As for Staci, she's worried about being hurt again, especially as their last encounter, as what he said, is so fresh in her mind. For Kyle, he's keeping something from Staci that could change everything...especially how she's started to feel about him.

Will Kyle ever learn why Staci seems so upset about their attempted union? Can he explain to Staci what actually happened and her realize the truth in his words? What secret is he keeping? Why does he seem so familiar?

One-click now and follow along as two people with an intense chemistry try to act on it, only for one to leave a terrible first impression before it reaches it's expected conclusion. I like that this story contains flashbacks throughout, letting us see glimpses of what the secret may be, as well as what went wrong during their attempted one-night stand instead of just implying what happened. I think the way the author wrote these two characters is what helped make their connection believable, while at the same time letting us see their struggles with what was, could, and did happen between them. What I didn't care for was the heroine still seeming to be infatuated with Brian, an ex of hers that really wanted her best friend, Kayla, instead. I don't want to read about either character feeling for someone else what they should only experience with each other.- By Elizabeth
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Unexpected Love.

May 4, 2019 – Started Reading