Cheri's Reviews > Love on Lavender Lane

Love on Lavender Lane by Karis Walsh

1994963

bookshelves: 2019-reads, humor, lgbtq, romance
Read 2 times. Last read May 1, 2019 to May 3, 2019.

I haven't read anything by Karis Walsh in a really long time. I think the last one I read was Sea Glass Inn and it was super angsty. Good, but by the end, I felt like it was just too much. I hadn't felt compelled to read another by the author until I was a victim of peer pressure.

Wow, I'm so glad I was shoved into picking this book up. I don't know if it was the mood I was in or what but this book was very nearly my perfect romance novel. Lovely human beings for main characters who had fantastic chemistry, great humor that kept me smiling - and even laughing - throughout, and just enough angst to make my feel it in the heart. And a cute doggie, too!

So why only 4 stars instead of 5? Because the mid-scene POV shifts yanked me out of the story too many times. If I have to stop to look at the previous paragraph to make sure I wasn't mistaken on whose head I was in, I've lost some of that wonderful connection to the character. I enjoyed the story enough to never consider putting the book down but I did curse a few times when I was thoroughly engrossed in the action or emotion and then pushed into the other characters head.

Even with the POV thing, I will be reading this one again. It has earned a spot on my Cheri's Funk Reading List

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Love on Lavender Lane.

Finished Reading