Natasha McNeely's Reviews > Paradox

6204873
Feb 20, 2012

bookshelves: reviewed
Read on February 20, 2012 — I own a copy

I'm very skeptic when it comes to scientific stories, being more a fan of fantasy. Despite this, I decided to give this short story a try; I figured, it's just a short story and could be worth a quick read. It did not disappoint.

Focusing more on psychological aspects of the human mind, rather than science, this short story drew me in. It gave an intriguing look into a man's descent into madness after being separated from mankind for over thirty years.

The story itself was paced well and was not too short, nor too long; rather, it worked well with the length it had.

My only complaint is that I wish there had been a deeper look into just who the main character is. Some background information; although, the story works fine without it. For a short story, it contains everything it needs to and will draw readers in - make them feel as if they are the one enduring solitude.

The ending itself works well and, while I don't wish to spoil anything, there is definitely some underlying meaning with the ending.

Anyone looking for a short read, or just something in general, I definitely recommend taking a look at Paradox - A Short Story ebook. It's worth it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Paradox.

10/09/2016 marked as: read