Amanda Marie ❤'s Alpha Reads's Reviews > Born to be Bound

Born to be Bound by Addison Cain

My first read of this kind

First, I've never read an "Omegaverse" book or series, and am generally averse to anything paranormal or similar. That said, I LOVE the whole possessive, alpha male thing, and so this kept popping up on recommended book lists. I finally decided to give it a go. And you know what? I liked it.
That said, it was also so different from my normal reads that I had to get past the different language used (such as "rut" and "knot"). The whole mate-bond thing took some getting used to as well. But, these are common elements to the type of story this is- it would be ludicrous to criticize a book for being exactly what it is supposed to be. These are just my reactions to it as a non-Omegaverse reader.
In any case, I enjoyed the dynamic between Shepherd and Claire. When he wasn't forcing/coercing her, that is. I couldn't figure out if he was actually developing feelings for her, or if it was all an elaborate manipulation. On her end she would have a moment of softness for him here and there, but was it only because of her physiological reaction to him? A chemical reaction, if you will?
I am curious enough to read the next book because, let's be honest, the cliffhanger on this one was rough.
I don't know if I'll read another Omegaverse series once I run out of steam on this one- it is so different from my typical reads that I found it a bit distracting. I definitely prefer my romance to be non-paranormal.

TRIGGERS: non-consent, dubious consent, OW/cheating.

Find me at:
Facebook: https://fb.me/amandamariereads
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/amanda_mari...
Blog: http://amandamariereads.blog

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Born to be Bound.

May 3, 2019 – Shelved