Sheyla ✎'s Reviews > Rules Of Prey

Rules Of Prey by John Sandford

bookshelves: 2019, audible, series

I wanted to start a new police thriller and I had this book in my library for a long time. I heard good things about this series and I thought it was time to give it a go.

The serial killer in Rules of Prey goes by the name of the Maddog. He's a horrible person who does horrible things to women. He's also hard to catch and after killing his victims, he leaves a note behind:

"Never have a motive."
"Never follow a discernible pattern."
"Never carry a weapon after it has been used."
"Beware of leaving physical evidence."

Lucas Davenport is the cop who's called to help catch him. He's a different type of cop. He's the only member of the Office of Special Intelligence. Besides being rich, the lieutenant is smart, dresses in expensive suits, he's handsome, drives a Porche, owns a lake house, invents board games in his free time, has a nun as his best friend and he loves to bed women. He also has killed five people which we're not sure of the circumstances this has happened.

A few times, I had to remind myself that I was reading a book published in the 1990s. There were many things that I wouldn't agree with if this book was written now but for the most part, it made me laugh and the suspense was great too! I ended up liking Lucas in spite of him being a womanizer and a liar. He was determined to catch this killer and he was ready to use whatever method was necessary to accomplish his goal.

I'm going to continue this series and see where Lucas Davenport ends. After all, there are 28 more books to go.

Cliffhanger: No

4/5 Fangs

MrsLeif's Two Fangs About It | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Rules Of Prey.

May 3, 2019 – Shelved
May 5, 2019 – Started Reading
May 5, 2019 – Finished Reading
May 12, 2019 – Shelved as: 2019
May 12, 2019 – Shelved as: audible
May 12, 2019 – Shelved as: series

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)

❤️ Paulette Enjoy L💕ve ツ

Sheyla ✎ ❤️ Paulette wrote: "Enjoy L💕ve ツ"
Thank you, Paulette.

❤️ Paulette Sheyla ✎ wrote: "❤️ Paulette wrote: "Enjoy L💕ve ツ"
Thank you, Paulette."

Always Pleasure L💕ve ツ😘

Corina☞BookTwinsReviews OMG I love this series 🖤🖤

Sheyla ✎ Corina☞BookTwinsReviews wrote: "OMG I love this series 🖤🖤"
Glad to hear it, Corina. I'm way at the beginning. Long road ahead for me.

message 6: by Holly (new)

Holly  B Wow, lots of books to go! Great review.

Sheyla ✎ Holly wrote: "Wow, lots of books to go! Great review." I know, Lucas Davenport is going to keep me busy..LOL

message 8: by Yun (new)

Yun Great review, Sheyla! I'm glad you ended up liking this book even though there were a few things you didn't like. Wow, that's a long series! :)

Sheyla ✎ Yun wrote: "Great review, Sheyla! I'm glad you ended up liking this book even though there were a few things you didn't like. Wow, that's a long series! :)"
Thank you, Yun. It is a long one.

message 10: by Deanna (new)

Deanna Excellent review, Sheyla!

Sheyla ✎ Deanna wrote: "Excellent review, Sheyla!"

message 12: by Felicia (new)

Felicia Great review, Shelby 💖 have fun!

Sheyla ✎ Felicia wrote: "Great review, Shelby 💖 have fun!"