Dali's Reviews > Good Guy

Good Guy by Kate Meader

2209138

bookshelves: arc-read, contemporary-romance, forbidden-romance, published-2019, series, sports, standalone, tortured-hero
Read 2 times. Last read July 10, 2019.

Kate Meader launches her “Rookie Rebels” series with this touching story of Green Beret veteran who is making his NHL debut and the beautiful reporter who has resolved to get his story.

After proudly serving his country, Levi Hunt thought he was prepared to take on the NHL. He loves the sport and appreciates the opportunity the Chicago Rebels have provided. He’s just not on board with giving full access to his personal life to the media, much less his best friend’s widow and the woman he’s loved from a far ever since he laid eyes on her.

Jordan Cooke won’t let the fact that the surly, taciturn oldest rookie in the NHL hates her because she kissed him after she buried her husband. Much less the reality that she’s very much attracted to him stop her from succeeding in the ruthless male dominated world of sports reporting. But how much will it cost her to her the scoop?

The story between Jordan and Levi boasts everything I love about Kate Meader’s writing – witty dialogue, scorching chemistry, an interesting plot, a witty and strong heroine and a delicious Good Guy hero. Jordan has her work cut out for her in trying to get past Levi’s stoic façade, but their undeniable attraction and the time they spend together while Jordan hangs out with him and the team helps them push through all their unresolved issues.

The back and forth and chemistry between Levi and Jordan kept me flipping pages. They had history between them but the structure of their relationship drastically changed since they first met. I found myself hurting for Levi while trying to keep himself back but loving the counterbalance Jordan’s sunny disposition brought to their complex situation. I cheered for them from the start and was happily rewarded with their heartwarming story.

Meader never fails to deliver a sexy, thoughtful story in which she seamlessly includes a wide range of relevant topics such as sexual harassment and caring for the homeless. This story being a spin off from the Chicago Rebels series also included characters from that series who were a welcome layer to the tale.

Good Guy is book #1 of the Rookie Rebels series by author Kate Meader. It is a spin off from her Chicago Rebels series and a standalone hockey romance, told from both points of view with a HEA.

Amazon -> https://amzn.to/2Ycfhnp

* I was given an ARC of this book courtesy of the author via NetGalley. The excerpts are from that copy. I am voluntarily reviewing this title. *

Stalk me on FaceBook * Instagram * More reviews

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Good Guy.

Finished Reading
July 19, 2019 – Shelved as: series
July 19, 2019 – Shelved as: standalone
July 19, 2019 – Shelved as: sports
July 19, 2019 – Shelved as: tortured-hero

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)

message 1: by Kat (new)