Andre's Reviews > A Very Shaney Valentine's Day

Feb 20, 2012

did not like it
bookshelves: gay-lesbian, don-t-read-it, beastmen
Read in March, 2012

Four words: I QUIT THE SERIES!!!!

I don't know whether the author consciously chooses to have her characters act like self-absorbed brats (respectively dumb idiots and reasonless jerks) or if she really thinks that this is appropriate (or even realistic) behavior. Either case, this book is nothing more than one big "Shane is the best" story, never mind that he is a killer without actual understanding of his surroundings or that her story, again, blatantly ignores her previous rules and character behaviors.
This whole series has turned into a romantic advertisement for dominance-submission relationships, mixed with a heavy dose of Mary Sue elements, shallow plots and chaotic characters, where nothing counts if the author cannot make her "beloved" main characters in the book look good.
I am totally aware that these are romance novels and her own stories but even for that category and its rules this is bad and that she is the author is no excuse.

Just like the last four books there are several issues I have with this one (Beware SPOILERS and massive sarcasm):(view spoiler)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Very Shaney Valentine's Day.