Kim's Reviews > 7 Clues to Winning You

7 Clues to Winning You by Kristin Walker

Feb 20, 2012

bookshelves: made-me-smile, good-books-break-the-rules, of-heroines-and-heroin-books

3 to 3.5 stars. I can't really decide. Slightly disappointing for me, since I loved "A Match Made in High School".
This book started off OK, but went slightly downhill at the second half. A few logical problems surfaced and at the end, I felt that the plot was a slight mess. The romance was slightly cheesy too. Walker's take on romance isn't the best I've read, I have to admit, but what I love about her books are her dialogues. Seriously how does she come up with such lines? She puts great orators to shame, since the same standstill effect is also achieved in mere one-liners from her characters. Her speeches show a certain development and depth in her characters, which to me, cannot be achieved by plain narration.
Flaws in the plot are there, but I'd still pick up another Walker book anytime, since they're so entertaining to read. Perhaps one should pass if one is looking for a literary masterpiece. But for the sheer thrill of reading, as well as the hilarity, this book fails to disappoint.
Afterthoughts:
Oh, by the way, I kinda liked the cover to a certain extent. Not the best I've seen, but not off-putting as many readers claim it to be. Consider myself part of the irrational minority, so sue me.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read 7 Clues to Winning You.