Elaine's Reviews > Boyfriend Maintenance

Boyfriend Maintenance by Lauren Helms

32020643

bookshelves: 2019, adult, authors-to-look-out-for, contemporary, contemporary-romance, fake-relationship, funny, romance, series

I’m really enjoying this series of stories, all involving characters living or working at 425 Madison and this is a great addition to this series! Each book is written by a different author and can be read as a standalone but they do often involve characters or events from the other books.

This story concerns Emmy, a resident of 425 Madison Avenue, who is someone who grew up in a wealthy family but has rejected their money and manipulations – much to their chagrin! She can only afford to live there because of her friend’s generosity allowing her to be a flat mate. Now her brother is getting married and she really needs a date to go with her to help protect her from her stepmother’s manipulations. Is it really a great idea to ask Jake, the building’s maintenance man, to pretend to be her boyfriend? He’s handsome, attractive and would be so great . . . but maybe too great as she’s not sure she’ll be able to resist him! He’s sure she’s out of his league, but she’s asked for his help. He needs to make sure she understands the rules before he’ll agree . . . but he’s sure no one explained the rules to his heart! Can they convincingly fake their romance to her family?

This is a laugh out loud, humorous story with great characters and so many mistaken assumptions you’re never quite sure how it will all work out in the end! I particularly liked the relationship between Emmy and her brother, but disliked his bride-to-be. Jake’s family are fantastic! I really enjoyed reading this and can’t wait to read more in the series.

This is my honest review after reading a copy of the book which I had requested and been gifted.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Boyfriend Maintenance.

Finished Reading