Melissa's Reviews > You Were There Too

You Were There Too by Colleen Oakley

Colleen Oakley's sophomore novel, Close Enough to Touch was on my 2017 Favorites list. When I found out about You Were There Too, I couldn't wait to get my hands on it. The premise sounded fascinating and after reading her previous novel, I would gladly read anything she wrote without even having a synopsis available! Having said that, this novel lived up to my expectations.

The story is clever and imaginative, as well as interesting throughout. It made me think about the effects dreams have on our lives. I have so many strange dreams and am always trying to make sense of them, so I could relate to Mia in that way. I really liked the characters in the story (except for one, but not giving any spoilers). The dialogue felt natural and the narratives were compelling. It was easy to visualize characters and settings, due to the great use of description that never took away from the story itself. While this novel didn't wrap up as neatly as I was hoping, it still had a good ending. I was able to guess on some aspects of the novel, but others were surprising and threw me for a loop.

Another beautifully told story by Colleen Oakley. I hope for plenty more in the near future!

Movie casting suggestions:
Mia: Alexandra Krosney
Harrison: J.R. Ramirez
Oliver: Bob Morley
Raya: Ksenia Solo
Whitney: Maggie Lawson
Caroline: Megan Boone

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read You Were There Too.

May 2, 2019 – Shelved
May 2, 2019 – Shelved as: to-read
October 3, 2019 – Started Reading
October 7, 2019 –
October 8, 2019 –
October 9, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)

message 1: by Caryn (new) - added it

Caryn Cannot wait to read this. Great review!

Melissa Caryn wrote: "Cannot wait to read this. Great review!"

Thanks! I hope you enjoy it too.

message 3: by Lloyd (new)

Lloyd Russell This is very good news. I absolutely loved Close Enough to Touch. Do you know when this hits the bookstores?

Melissa Lloyd wrote: "This is very good news. I absolutely loved Close Enough to Touch. Do you know when this hits the bookstores?"

February. :)

message 5: by Lloyd (new)

Lloyd Russell Great. Thanks.
Happy Thanksgiving.

Melissa Lloyd wrote: "Great. Thanks.
Happy Thanksgiving."

Same to you and your family. I'm thankful to know you!

message 7: by Lloyd (new)

Lloyd Russell I feel the same way, Melissa.

Melissa Thank you!