Maria's Reviews > Promise Me Eternity

7208222
Feb 19, 2012

did not like it
bookshelves: to-read, unfinishable

Ok - I have tried REEEEEEEEEEEALLLLLY hard to finish this book. Simply put, I can't. It's bad...and I don't know if it's just not my style, because I can read just about anything and be happy. I HATED that each character seemed to have their own story inside of the main plot. Maybe I just never got to the point in the plot where the many differenct characters come to merge...but I really could not force myself to go ANY further. I read for enjoyment...and I did NOT enjoy what I read.

Have you ever seen that movie, "Crash"? That's what I thought would happen...that suddenly all of the characters would reveal what each has to do with the other. It never did...or at least as far as I read it never did.

The main points are - it's slow, the conversations between characters are dull, and the characters are very unrealistic. A few other reviewers stated it was "predictable" however, I don't think I could get into that far to be able to say that...for me...I had no idea where it was going but wanted it to get there faster!

I try to give honest reviews on each book that I read...and I am completely heart broken that this will be my first 1 star review! I also cannot figure out how he has so many GOOD reviews!

Giving the author some credit, he did let me know that english was NOT his first language. I'm sorry Ian Fox....but I simply could not continue.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Promise Me Eternity.