Rebecca ♥ Ash, Kishan, Magnus ♥'s Reviews > One Foot in the Grave

One Foot in the Grave by Jeaniene Frost

I enjoyed this about the same as the first book, but I still didnt love it. I will not be continuing with the series.

My main issues with the first book were that I found Cat annoying, and I found her and Bones' relationship forced. Cat was better in this for the most part. She could be quite funny and so blunt. She had a lot of great lines. But then she had to go and make a typical heroine mistakes. I thought she was above that. She tried to do something on her own, made plans without informing Bones first, and really screwed things up. I am all for independent women, but only when they know how to do it without getting themselves killed. I was so embarrassed for Cat's moronic behaviour in chapter 37, I almost had trouble finishing the book.

Even though Cat and Bones werent together in the beginning of the book, they got back together and resumed their relationship quickly, so that it felt like they had never been apart. The fact that they got together too quickly for me in the first book doesnt matter. Issues with the first book dont need to be considered. They are an established couple now and they have great chemisty, but I still dont feel any romance, just lots of sex. Bones really isnt the mushy type, but it shouldnt be all about sex. Thats why I prefer YA, more mushiness.

Oh, and now I know what all the fuss was about the infamous Chapter 32. Yeah, it was definitely memorable, but it was also too much information. Gross. I enjoyed the story and the supporting characters. But nothing really stands out as amazing to me.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read One Foot in the Grave.

February 19, 2012 – Shelved
page 237
page 255
page 284
page 330
92.44% "OMG what a moron. I almost cant read this I am so embarrassed for her."
July 24, 2012 – Finished Reading