RentasticReads's Reviews > Undeniable

Undeniable by Melanie Harlow

bookshelves: second-chance-romance

It feels amazing to be back in Cloverleigh Farms! Melanie Harlow sure knows how to lure you in and make you fall in love with small towns and the wonderful people in it. Told in dual POVs that also alternates between then and now, Undeniable is the second standalone in the series, and she delivers Chloe Sawyer and Oliver Pemberton’s story in a charming second chance romance.

We ran hot and cold, but we had history. We’d shared some unforgettable experiences, both painful and pleasurable. But beneath all the surface-level ups and downs was a bond that couldn’t be broken.

Chloe and Oliver were friends for as long as they could remember. They grew up together, wreaking havoc and creating all kinds of memories, since their moms were best friends. I loved their history. They have the kind of friendship that’s almost unbreakable and can withstand the test of time. But just like any other relationship, things started to get a whole lot complicated the moment feelings were involved.

“I was prepared to give you everything seven years ago. And you broke my heart.”

I’m a sucker for a good second chance romance. There’s just something about having a shared past with someone or a love rekindled that always tugs at my heartstrings. But Undeniable was more like a third, fourth or fifth chance romance. Chloe and Oliver has a bond like no other—there’s no doubt about that—but he just did her wrong and took her for granted more times than I could count.

She deserved so much better. A better proposal. A better love story. A better man.

The more I found out about the things that Oliver has put Chloe through throughout the years, the more I just wanted to strangle him and then slap Chloe awake. The girl deserves so much better; he broke her poor heart so many times that she honestly should’ve put him through the wringer and made him grovel like there’s no tomorrow before taking him back.

“Our story is sort of zig-zagged, isn’t it?”
“Yeah, but it’s ours.”

From childhood frenemies to stubborn lovers, these two were definitely a hot mess express waiting to happen. While their banter was riveting and their chemistry was undeniable, the angst was also at an all time high. If you enjoy small towns and second (or maybe fifth) chance romances, then this is the book you’re looking for.

Follow me on: InstagramFacebookTwitter

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Undeniable.

May 1, 2019 – Shelved