Amanda Marie ❤'s Alpha Reads's Reviews > Asher Black

Asher Black by Parker S. Huntington

liked it

A good read, but it didn't knock my socks off

I liked this book. I'm not shouting from the rooftops in joy, ready to chomp at the bit for any new release, but I enjoyed it. And considering that this was the author's first book? That's huge. I'm looking forward to reading a few more to see what happens with these characters.
I liked that the main female and her friend are smart (and I mean smart) and strong. I wished that Asher was at least a few years older because I think it would've lent more credibility to his maturity level and accomplishments, but here we are.
The banter between Asher and Lucy was fun, but I didn't feel quite as much heat between them as I would've hoped. There was suspense woven in not just from the romantic developments (or lack thereof), but also from the unexplained assassination attempts, the threat to Asher's place on the board of his own company, Lucy's dorm nemesis, and even Lucy's past. It kept the story moving for me.
All in all an enjoyable read, and a really impressive first release. I plan to read the next one.
Recommended!

Find me at:
Facebook: https://fb.me/amandamariereads
Blog: http://amandamariereads.blog

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Asher Black.

May 1, 2019 – Shelved