Jeremy Cherfas's Reviews > Three Hands in the Fountain

Three Hands in the Fountain by Lindsey Davis

'A serial killer stalks the games' ... Although I do find myself wondering how much of the book was simply inspired by the title. Having come up with that, did the rest of it all fall into place?"
image: three-hands-in-the-fountain.jpg

It has been ages since I last read a Falco book. I had forgotten some of the details of his previous scrapes, but that was no obstacle to enjoying this tale. I am very lucky that I have actually looked into the waters of Rome with a real expert, so I had a good idea of what was going on with the aqueducts and all the guff that goes with that.

Introducing Sextus Julius Frontinus at this point, on his way to becoming Governor of Britain, perhaps to give him a reason to develop the interest in waterworks to which he is so closely tied, is pretty imaginative. And without him, things would have ended very differently. No spoilers, but of course Falco sorts it all out in the end, though he doesn’t begin to do so until far too close to the end. And there’s probably a coincidence too far in that, but so what? Another jolly good Roman romp.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Three Hands in the Fountain.

May 1, 2019 – Started Reading