Julie (Bookish.Intoxication)'s Reviews > The Quiet at the End of the World

The Quiet at the End of the World by Lauren   James

I received a copy of this book from the amazing team at Walker Books Australia. Thank you so much, I am so greatful for the opportunity.

This book is so well written, it captivated me from the first page, I was unable to put it down. The writing style is fantastic, so modern and easy to read.  The story flows from one page to the next and the pacing is so perfectly set that you will keep turning pages much faster than you would like.  The characters are so perfectly human, each with their worries, goals, flaws and feelings, they feel like real people, the last two people on earth.

You will find yourself laughing and crying, hoping and grasping throughout this book. You will love Mitch and you will find it hard to find a character that you hate. This is truly one of the first YA books that I have read, that doesn't have an obvious villain. Or a love triangle for that matter!

I feel like this book has a deeper message, deeper than what we see on the surface, deeper than this story about the last two people on earth. This book is incredibly thought provoking around just what we, as a society are leaving behind, as well as the power of social media.

Have you read this book? What did it make you think about while you were reading?

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Quiet at the End of the World.

April 27, 2019 – Started Reading