Linda Martin's Reviews > No Exit

No Exit by Taylor  Adams

bookshelves: 2019, popsugar-reading-challenge-2019, suspense, fiction, florida, colorado, horror

A riveting suspense story that takes place at a highway rest area in the Colorado Rockies. A young woman is stranded in a snowstorm with four other people - two young men and an older couple. That's all she knows when the novel begins, but as the story unfolds all the relationships are made clear.

Things get complicated when she notices a child in the back of a van in the parking area. That's all I can really tell you without starting to spill spoilers. That much is clear in the book's blurb published here and on Amazon. She's stuck in a remote place and realizes someone there is a kidnapper, intent on doing harm to a child.

Everyone has a backstory. Everyone has a reason for being there. Just give it time and all will be clear. I listened to this as an audiobook... it was well-performed and I didn't think the story was too drawn out as some of the other reviewers here indicated. It is suspense. It is supposed to be drawn out as the tension rises.

I liked some of the characters. They were complex. Nothing is simple. Just like most human beings most of them are a mixture of good and bad. I thought the book was very well-written and recommend it to anyone who likes suspense and who doesn't mind a bit of insanity and bloodshed within the pages of a novel.

I read this book for the 2019 PopSugar Reading Challenge, prompt #24 - A book that takes place in a single day. It actually takes place in a single night - but you know, well within 24 hours. There aren't many books that take place within 24 hours so I felt lucky to find this one.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read No Exit.

May 1, 2019 – Shelved