Megan's Reviews > The Little Teashop on Main

The Little Teashop on Main by Jodi Thomas

(3.5) A charming, tender, and heartwarming story about friendship and family, love and loss... The Little Teashop on Main was a cozy read that I easily got wrapped up in from the first pages. A great mix of sweet and light, serious and emotional, I loved how all-encompassing it was and that the three main character’s friendship, which we follow from their first childhood tea party into adulthood, was so genuine and a delight to come alongside... all combining in the best way to capture my heart.

That said, there’s a lot of back and forth between past/present and several different characters perspectives (some not quite as developed as I’d have wished), which didn’t always flow smoothly, lending to the story feeling a bit choppy and disjointed. I also didn’t know until I finished this book that it’s actually the second in the series... so while it read alright as a standalone, I’m wondering how much reading the first book would have helped round out some of the secondary characters for me.

Still, the positives outweighed the negatives here, and being my first Jodi Thomas book, I can say it won’t be my last. I’ve gone ahead and picked up the first book the series, Mornings on Main, so I’m eager to read what I hope is another lovely story by this author!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Little Teashop on Main.

April 29, 2019 – Started Reading