Tessa's Reviews > One Silent Night

One Silent Night by Sherrilyn Kenyon

Feb 19, 2012

Read from February 19 to 21, 2012

I have previously avoided this book due to some negative reviews, but I thoroughly enjoyed this installment. Background stories need context and motivation to be interpreted accurately, and Kenyon gave us a great deal of information that explains why certain characters act or respond the way they do. I didn't think I missed much by reading some of this series out of order. But then I go back and read one I skipped and I have these "Ahaa moments" where things click into place, and I know I have no one to blame but myself. Along with getting to know Stryker and Zephyra, we get to follow up with Ash and Tory, Nick's story progresses, and we get some insight into Jaden.

I really loved the ending where good and bad had to come together to fight the greater evil. Then wives and demons had to ride in and help save the day. I was surprised at all the HEAs in this book, Kenyon usually serves up the carrot and the stick, but this book was all rosy. (I'm always mixing metaphors, sorry!)

This entire series is a psychologist's dream! Are people inherently good or evil, or are they the sum of their experiences? Can evil be rehabilitated? Can you really do the wrong thing for the right reason and not be as bad as those you fight? You can only stay sane by accepting that we will never know the answers to most of these questions. Live, laugh, and love instead of envy, fear, and hate!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read One Silent Night.