alana ♡'s Reviews > Filthy Rich Boys

Filthy Rich Boys by C.M. Stunich

12402009

bookshelves: dnf

This is without a doubt one of the worst books I've ever attempted to read.

Y'all I made it FIVE chapters and this is what I got so far:

1.This "super rich" academy is literally called Burberry Prep.
Let's just slap designer names on shit and hope it sounds rich why don't we.

2.The popular kids are called Idols, yes, you read that right. Idols.
My eyes are so far in the back of my head they might never come back.

3. The regular kids are called Plebs...as in plebians.
I couldn't make this shit up if I tried.

4. These kids are FIFTEEN and the author is making them out to be men. Full grown, panty dropping men.
Listen, I was far from a saint at 15 and I'm not proud of the shit I did but my god I AM SO UNCOMFORTABLE.

5. The fifteen year old "bad boy" is introduced to the MC by walking out of a janitor's closet he just had sex with a senior in.
Lemme know what freshman boy will ever dick you down good enough that'd you risk it all for. I'll fucking wait.

6. Here we go, ANOTHER fifteen year old boy has his arms sleeved WITH tattoos, facial piercings, and the most chiseled abs you've ever seen.
*insert Jackie Chan wtf meme*

....and that's just the first five chapters.

Needless to say, this a hard NO from me and we didn't even get to the plot yet.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Filthy Rich Boys.

April 29, 2019 – Shelved
April 29, 2019 –
5.0% "The name of the school is Burberry Prep...that’s strike one."
April 30, 2019 – Shelved as: dnf

Comments Showing 1-43 of 43 (43 new)

message 1: by chan ☆ (new)

chan ☆ if you want something equally as bad, might i recommend Boys of Brayshaw High.

message 2: by alana ♡ (new) - added it

alana ♡ chandler ainsley ♕ wrote: "if you want something equally as bad, might i recommend Boys of Brayshaw High."

do i look like i hate myself that much?

message 3: by fffrank! (new)

fffrank! 15 yo-s are children. Not oversexualised "bad alpha male" fantasies. It sounds gross! 😡🤮

message 4: by Katie (new)

Katie L. This is the funniest review on a DNF I’ve ever read. 🙌🙌

message 5: by Breanna (new)

Breanna omg #5 I just choked laughing 😂😂but real talk what in the world is going on here?!

message 6: by alana ♡ (new) - added it

alana ♡ HeartlessFaeKing 🔮 wrote: "15 yo-s are children. Not oversexualised "bad alpha male" fantasies. It sounds gross! 😡🤮"

I'm so grossed out 🤢

This could literally read as an enemies to lovers ADULT romance, but I couldn't stop thinking how wrong this was that they're only fifteen.

message 7: by alana ♡ (new) - added it

alana ♡ Katie wrote: "This is the funniest review on a DNF I’ve ever read. 🙌🙌"

We gotta turn around how TRAGIC this was and make the best of it 🙃

message 8: by ♡ Dakota ♡ (new)

♡ Dakota ♡ (Sarcasm is my middle name) This review is amazing. I needed this laugh.

crispylicious juicylicious Removing this from my wishlist real quick thanks for the heads up

message 10: by Faith (new) - added it

Faith M ✨ I almost want to read this just for the wtf laughs

message 11: by fffrank! (new)

fffrank! Also, if they act like this at 15, they should be told that it's not how you should act

message 12: by alana ♡ (new) - added it

alana ♡ Breanna wrote: "omg #5 I just choked laughing 😂😂but real talk what in the world is going on here?!"

It needed to be said 🤣😂

message 13: by alana ♡ (new) - added it

alana ♡ ♡ Dakota ♡ wrote: "This review is amazing. I needed this laugh."

Gotta make the best of it! :)

message 14: by alana ♡ (new) - added it

alana ♡ chris joy wrote: "Removing this from my wishlist real quick thanks for the heads up"

Glad I could spare you the time haha!

Faith wrote: "I almost want to read this just for the wtf laughs"

A few times I actually had to stop and just think "is this actually real?!" You'll definitely find some amusement with this one, thats for sure!

message 15: by Cynema (new)

Cynema Okay, that was flat out hysterical ... I've read some really unflattering reviews of this book, but it's so bad that I want to read it for laughs even though I know I'll feel exactly the same as you. Where would I be today if I'd known boys like this when I was 15!! Sure this ludicrous fiasco isn't a comedy? ...

message 16: by Giovanna (new) - added it

Giovanna Khouw I dont understand why she didn't just make it a college book. Wasnt there a moment during writing this book where she should've gone "huh, this isn't making much sense."

message 17: by alana ♡ (new) - added it

alana ♡ Cynema wrote: "Okay, that was flat out hysterical ... I've read some really unflattering reviews of this book, but it's so bad that I want to read it for laughs even though I know I'll feel exactly the same as yo..."

Honestly, if you need some amusement this might be able to do it haha! And I would love to know the same, I sure as hell wasn't in school with any sex gods at 15 🤣

message 18: by alana ♡ (new) - added it

alana ♡ Giovanna wrote: "I dont understand why she didn't just make it a college book. Wasnt there a moment during writing this book where she should've gone "huh, this isn't making much sense.""

You would think?!?! I was planning on sticking this out and finishing it but it felt so WRONG knowing they were 15...like I don't get how anyone during the writing process wasn't like "are you sure this is the right age group?"

message 19: by Kayla (new)

Kayla Omg you said dick you down and I choked 😂😂😂😂

message 20: by alana ♡ (new) - added it

alana ♡ Kayla wrote: "Omg you said dick you down and I choked 😂😂😂😂"

Literally my favorite phrase ever 😭🤣

message 21: by Maile (new)

Maile This is honestly one of the best reviews I have seen let me tell you. But!! I’m also a bit flabbergasted!?!? Like I’m not sure what the author was thinking.... 🤷🏼‍♀️🤷🏼‍♀️

message 22: by Giovanna (new) - added it

Giovanna Khouw Alana • thebookishchick wrote: "Giovanna wrote: "I dont understand why she didn't just make it a college book. Wasnt there a moment during writing this book where she should've gone "huh, this isn't making much sense.""

You woul..."

I was thinking about reading the book, it does have kind off a high rating, but I think I would feel the same thing. I would feel really dirty reading about a 15 year old (and not in a good way). I wonder who gave the book a high rating. It's a same you cant see what age gave what rating (like on IMDB)

message 23: by alana ♡ (new) - added it

alana ♡ Maile wrote: "This is honestly one of the best reviews I have seen let me tell you. But!! I’m also a bit flabbergasted!?!? Like I’m not sure what the author was thinking.... 🤷🏼‍♀️🤷🏼‍♀️"

Hahaha thank you!! I honestly am still just shocked about the age group of this book 🙊

message 24: by alana ♡ (new) - added it

alana ♡ Giovanna wrote: "Alana • thebookishchick wrote: "Giovanna wrote: "I dont understand why she didn't just make it a college book. Wasnt there a moment during writing this book where she should've gone "huh, this isn'..."

Yeah I just totally couldn't overlook it. I think even if I was still in high school I would've struggled with this because no 15 year old I ever knew acted this like 🤷🏻‍♀️

message 25: by Madison (new)

Madison Brown So funny! Thanks so much for this review. Really sums it up for me :')

message 26: by alana ♡ (new) - added it

alana ♡ Madison wrote: "So funny! Thanks so much for this review. Really sums it up for me :')"

Glad you enjoyed it!! 😁

message 27: by ~Cyanide Latte~ (new)

~Cyanide Latte~ This review is the highlight of my otherwise quiet evening; just wanted you to know that.

message 28: by Julia (new)

Julia 😂😂😂 this is so funny

message 29: by fffrank! (new)

fffrank! Also, what the hell is that school name? 😂😂😂

message 30: by alana ♡ (new) - added it

alana ♡ ~Cyanide Latte~ wrote: "This review is the highlight of my otherwise quiet evening; just wanted you to know that."

I'm glad it could bring some joy to your evening haha!!

message 31: by alana ♡ (new) - added it

alana ♡ Julia wrote: "😂😂😂 this is so funny"

Thanks 😉 just trying to make the best of it haha!

message 32: by alana ♡ (new) - added it

alana ♡ HeartlessFaeKing 🔮 wrote: "Also, what the hell is that school name? 😂😂😂"

I would absolutely love to know. The second I read the name it starting going down hill 🤣

message 33: by Melliott (new)

Melliott Were they trying a contemporary takeoff on The Outsiders? (I wondered because of Idols and Plebs...) Sounds dreadful.

message 34: by fffrank! (new)

fffrank! I'm literally screeching 😂😂😂

message 35: by Rea (new)

Rea K I read a lot of teen fiction as a teenager and (being that I was a quiet, shy, reasonably well-behaved kid) I'm convinced that 90% of ya books are written by adults who want the sensationalize being a teenager like it's a sordid party scene because I still can't tell you who was hosting the parties when I was in high school.

message 36: by Taภya (new) - added it

Taภya I thought the same! Stop reading when the guy walked in with tattoos etc...... just weird like I said I'm my review I kept seeing them older, then it's like hang on they're 15 😂😂 NO THANK YOU lol.

message 37: by Chanel (new)

Chanel As a twenty year-old it would be very hard for me to imagine someone fifteen even sixteen and younger as some sexual god. I get the bad goose bumps just thinking about it.

message 38: by Chibime (new)

Chibime this review make me want to read it hahaha yeah burberry sounds luxurious as fuck. good thing i got it for free XD

message 39: by alana ♡ (new) - added it

alana ♡ Chanel wrote: "As a twenty year-old it would be very hard for me to imagine someone fifteen even sixteen and younger as some sexual god. I get the bad goose bumps just thinking about it."

YESSSS!! I just couldn't get over it!

message 40: by alana ♡ (new) - added it

alana ♡ Chibime wrote: "this review make me want to read it hahaha yeah burberry sounds luxurious as fuck. good thing i got it for free XD"

And that is the beauty of negative reviews haha, sometimes they're even more compelling 🤣

Jackie Woodburn I loved boys of brayshaw and hopeful of this one too . Try havoc by the same author .

message 42: by Marissa (new) - added it

Marissa Teng Omg is this book like a copy or "retelling" of boys over flowers

message 43: by Sara (new)

Sara Good to know. Will be passing on this one.🙂👍