Glittergirl's Reviews > Smooth Moves

Smooth Moves by Marie Harte

bookshelves: arc, contemporary, guardian-protector, romantic-suspense-military, bn

Ex-marine Gunnery Sergeant Cash Griffith is a protector who's always the first in line to offer help. He also is impulsive, brash and full of bluster hiding his wounded heart. Cash is co-owner with his brother Reid of a moving company to help former military so they could get lives together. Cash's father hated him from his 7th birthday and no one knew why. Cash finally left home joining the marines after being abused by his dad.

Ex-army MP Jordan Heming is a female Dudley-Do-Right starting over and trying to help her teen brother Raphael, Rafi, from landing in a heap of trouble. She is one of the crew of the moving company. Jordan has a younger full sister, Leanne, and Rafi is her 15 year old half-brother. Rafi is having trouble in school and his parents are using tough love to try to get him to straighten up and do better in school. Jordan has taken him in at her apartment during summer school to see if she can help him. Otherwise in the fall their parents will ship him off to military school all the way across the country. She strikes a deal with Cash, he'll talk to Rafi and she'll help him pack up his mom's house full of bad memories. As they spend together they begin to fight the chemistry between them since technically he's her boss at work.

I love Marie's stories. She takes everyday situations, fills them with wonderful complicated people with real problems. Her stories take us on a journey to healing and love. I've been able to see behind the curtain of so many people to see what drives them, makes them tick. I've experienced so many other "peoples" personalities and come to understand the why of some behaviors. Some of the things she deals with in this story are rejection, abuse, neglect, depression, hidden secrets and dyslexia. We find with her stories that seeking to help each other and deal with issues is the path to acceptance of self worth and love for others.

I voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced readers copy of this book. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Smooth Moves.

April 28, 2019 – Started Reading