Kolleen's Reviews > Carrie Goes Off the Map

Feb 19, 2012

it was ok
bookshelves: chick-lit
Read from February 19 to March 03, 2012

Lesson learned from this book: stop buying free or cheap books on Kindle, because they will more than likely suck! After deciding that Amazon's books are pretty pricey, I've been trying to find books I that I may like in the free or discounted sections. Alas, the only two books I have found this way have not been very good. Get it together, Amazon!

Anyways, this is a story about Carrie who is dumped by her boyfriend of ten years when he cheats and finds another bride. She loses it and tries to destroy his wedding, running into Matt, an old college douche bag, in the meantime. Up until this point, the book is pretty good. Once Carrie and Matt set off in the camper for their road trip, the book gets pretty shitty. Not only is it predictable, which I could handle, but it isn't even any fun along the way. I didn't like any of the characters, I felt that most of the plotlines were too contrived, and it was just a chore trying to finish it. Bleh.

And one more thing, what's with the title change? Either way the book still sucked!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Carrie Goes Off the Map.

08/22/2016 marked as: read