Taylor (A Booky Wonderland)'s Reviews > Pants on Fire

Pants on Fire by Meg Cabot

Feb 19, 2012

Read in February, 2012

I've been trying to broaden my horizons a bit recently, reading more contemporary, since before I used to just read stuff more along the totally unbelievable lines because I liked the idea of retreating to a different world and getting caught up in the drama instead of reality-ish stuff. And this book was pretty good and I was really excited to read this book. I think that Ms. Cabot is a great author and that this book was also great.

Katie throughout this thing tells lies and she's just okay with it. I can understand some people lying from time to time, but I don't know how she can do it so constantly and just be fine with it. I get really uncomfortable when I lie or I just start laughing, and I'm sure that it happens to so many other people. I couldn't really relate to Katie on that and I really hope that not a lot of people can.

Another problem I had with Katie was that she was obsessed with kissing people. She had two boyfriends at once and she always thought that people were going to kiss her and she was so...obsessed. Her relationships were based off of nothing but a good make-out session, and she was basing how good each of her boyfriends were because of their hotness and how well that they kissed. I thought that was really wrong, and she didn't even try to consider the other worthy traits of her two boyfriends, or even Tommy, for that matter.

So I think that this book was good, and the suspense at the end was also really good, but I think that it lacked in the end because of the fact that Katie annoyed me a little and the way that everything went also did.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Pants on Fire.