Stacia | stacialovestoread's Reviews > Wicked Fox

Wicked Fox by Kat Cho

bookshelves: arcs-and-review-copies

There was so much good about this one. I’ll be doing bullet points for my review rather than attempting to compose my thoughts in a professional manner.

* I loved all the little inserts of the myth of the Gumiho! It was really nice to kind of break up important plot points in the story, and also add more depth to the lore behind it all.
* Is it possible to mourn the death of one character twice? Because I did.
* I understand Gu Miyoung’s fear of water now. I’d be scared too, sis.
* Yena really does love her daughter. Sometimes book parents irritate me because they don’t just come out and tell their kids things like “Hey, your father is a terrible human, that’s why we aren’t friends with him” or “I wasn’t ready to be a mom yet so I struggled for a while. That’s why I left.” But that’d be too easy.
* The romance in this book felt genuine and real. Falling for someone, even making friends, isn’t always an overnight thing.
* In conclusion, I’ve decided that I need the sequel (oh yes!) now because I have questions that need answers.

———————————————————————————-

Thank you to the publisher and to BookishFirst for sending me this free copy in exchange for an honest review!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wicked Fox.

April 28, 2019 – Shelved
June 20, 2019 –
page 141
page 216
page 275
64.1% "Holy plot twist. What even. 😱😱😱"
page 371
86.48% "Hit me right in the feels why don’t you 😭😭"
June 24, 2019 – Finished Reading