Alaina's Reviews > The Evil Queen

The Evil Queen by Gena Showalter

50620706

bookshelves: 2019-ng-group-challenge, books-i-own, fantasy, fiction, july-2019, retellings, young-adult

This was a really fun read!

Ugh, I love retellings and The Evil Queen was a good one to dive into. Pretty sure I loved every character that I was introduced to. The chemistry and every little twist was all amazing in my eyes. In it, you will meet Everly Morrow who is a normal girl living in the human world. Well, she thought that because one day she finds out she has been living a lie. WELL, her whole family has been really and it was a complete shock to her.

The day that her and her twin sister Hart find out that they are fairy princesses with supernatural powers.. was interesting. She is a sorcerer with her mirror (hint hint evil queen) and Hart can communicate with animals (which is adorable). Of course that isn't the only secret that Everly finds out about, nope - the one that almost breaks her is that Hart isn't even her real sister. Nor is her mother her real mother.. so yeah - that sucked.

Now everyone in this book keeps calling her the evil queen and shit.. and I could totally see why Everly was getting annoyed constantly. She never did anything that they are saying she is going to do or has done in the past.. so she is definitely going to become evil in this one. Once Everly embraces her eviliness.. I feel like she's a bit complete - not totally yet because she's still looking for the romance part.

Like everyone, she wants a happily ever after. It doesn't hurt that she has a crush on a charming prince.. but of course, evil doesn't normally get a happy ending. YET, the ending was honestly adorable and now I'm psyched for the next one. I have no idea when the second book will be out but I need it so freaking badly.

The romance was good, the chemistry was amazing, and the twists were soooooooooooooooo good. Ugh, again.. definitely recommend this book if anyone likes retellings and seeing all their favorite characters in snow white!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Evil Queen.

April 28, 2019 – Shelved
July 21, 2019 – Shelved as: july-2019
July 21, 2019 – Shelved as: retellings
July 21, 2019 – Shelved as: young-adult
July 21, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)

message 1: by Khanh (new) - added it

Khanh Ooh! This one is on my TBR list and I can't wait to read your thoughts. I read her Alice In Zombie Land books and I loved them. I'm confident I'll love this one, too. What a talented writer.

message 2: by Khanh (new) - added it

Khanh Sorry, I meant the white rabbit series.

message 3: by Nicole ❤ (new)

Nicole ❤ Glad you enjoyed! Great review! 🥰