Eve (Between The Bookends)'s Reviews > XV

XV by Lana Sky

bookshelves: may-5-star-reads

description
description I read this author's THE SAVAGE FALL duet, and although I wasn't a fan of how she wrapped that duet up I still felt she had some fantastic writing chops. When I read the synopsis for this one I thought it would be right up my alley. Plus, I figured I would be more prepared for the level of darkness this author likes to impart after tackling the above mentioned duet. (lol)

description

And indeed this one isn't for the faint of heart, that is for sure. The writing was excellent. The pace perfect. The plot incredibly engaging. Dark. Twisted. Uncomfortable. The sex was rough and forced. No OW or OM drama, although the heroine is (view spoiler) A small cast of interesting secondary characters with secrets of their own. This hero wasn't in the least bit likable. A true anti-hero. He physically hurts the heroine. He has a temper. He is nasty. But f-cking hell is he intriguing. The heroine...well I am not yet sure. Is she weak? Is she broken? Is she batshit crazy? I guess time will tell. Last, it all wraps up in a crazy as f-ck cliffhanger that makes me wish I had book two right now!

I loved this one from beginning to the end. Fingers crossed book two continues the greatness.

descriptiondescriptiondescriptiondescriptiondescriptiondescription

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read XV.

April 28, 2019 – Shelved
April 28, 2019 – Shelved as: may-arcs-to-review
May 10, 2019 – Started Reading
May 13, 2019 – Finished Reading
May 25, 2019 – Shelved as: may-5-star-reads

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)

message 1: by Judith (new)

Judith Great review babe 💜

Eve (Between The Bookends) Judith wrote: "Great review babe 💜"

Thanks, Darling! <3

message 3: by Eyvette (new)

Eyvette Abreu Terrific Review Eve :) hope book 2 meets your expectations

Eve (Between The Bookends) Eyvette wrote: "Terrific Review Eve :) hope book 2 meets your expectations"

Thank you, Love! <3