Angela (Angel's Guilty Pleasures)'s Reviews > The Spider

The Spider by Jennifer Estep

The Spider is book ten in the Elemental Assassin series by Jennifer Estep.

This is by far one of my favorite series. Each and every installment gives me something new to fall in love with. Estep just keeps delivering on each and every installment!

Now, you can read this novel without every reading any of the other books in the series. The Spider takes the reader back 10-years to the begging. It’s the start of Gin’s career as the assassin known as the Spider.

I loved seeing Gin interact with Fletcher. Throughout this series we’ve seen flashbacks for Fletcher, but this time we get to have him front and center in her life.

The author does throw in many little easter eggs; events and characters that we meet and see throughout the Elemental Assassin series that fans will just die with excitement and love. I loved that we get to see so many characters from the past. It was so fun to see their path’s cross; a meet here, a moment their, but at the time you don’t know what life has in store for them and how their paths will cross again later in life.

The plot for was novel is suspenseful. The whole story is set 10-years in the past ending with the present day. Gin pretty much makes all the mistakes and does all the things Fletcher taught her not to ignore on her very first job. So, by the end of this novel she has the much-needed closure on all those events that took place back then.

The Spider was an outstanding novel. I don’t know where the author is going to go next, but I’m looking forward to seeing where things go from here.

Rated: 5 Stars

angelsgp-seethisreview-blure

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Spider.

April 28, 2019 – Shelved
May 18, 2019 – Shelved as: 2019-print-only-challenge
May 18, 2019 – Shelved as: library-love
May 18, 2019 –
page 75
19.69% "A look back to the start of her career as the assassin, the Spider."
May 20, 2019 –
May 22, 2019 – Shelved as: fav-magic-books
May 22, 2019 – Shelved as: 5-stars
May 22, 2019 – Shelved as: favorites
May 22, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

message 1: by Kat (new)

Kat Valentine Fantabulous review Angela!!👍💖😉💋

Angela (Angel's Guilty Pleasures) Kat wrote: "Fantabulous review Angela!!👍💖😉💋"

Thank you!