Carvanz's Reviews > Fire

Fire by Sarah  Curtis

20266662
Holy fireballs! I never expected this story to entail all the feels that this one did! I’ve read and loved everything by this author but I she’s never written a hero like this before and I absolutely LOVED him!

description

When a girl’s night out leads Gwen to seeing the dark man standing in the middle of the hottest club in LA, she’s disappointed that he’s gone in the next instant. A VIP invite opens the door for a chance to find him but instead, he finds her. She soon realizes that he’s more than just his good looks and she wants so much more from him than one night, but the mysterious Blake Stone has secrets that are interfering with them building anything meaningful.

description

Blake is definitely a man of secrets. Lots of secrets. Add in the fact he’s never been in a real relationship and he’s kinda all over the place as to how to act or respond to the issues popping up between Gwen and himself. Even as he pulls away, he’s drawn back to her time and time again. Ultimately, he’s going to have to make a decision to either share his past, or let her go completely.

”If he couldn’t allow himself to be with Gwen, he’d make damn well sure she was safe. And if his jealousy got in the way, so be it. Gwen was his. She belonged to him, even if he couldn’t claim her.”

Gwen was a strong independent heroine that knew when to stand strong against Blake and his actions. But she also recognized that this was all new to him, and allowed him a certain amount of lead way when he pulled an A hole move. I loved that she had that perfect combination of strength and softness.

description

Oh my gosh! This hero is so different than anything I’ve read before and I was consumed by it all. I love a strong possessive alpha and while Blake is certainly all that and more, his own struggles rode him hard and forced him into decisions that were hurtful to not only Gwen but to his own heart as well. There was never a doubt where his heart lay, even when he didn’t realize it himself.

description

This author is known for her easy laid back reads, laced with a bit of drama, and characters that you feel like are your friends. This book shows us an entirely new type of hero from her. He’s hard, broken, and sometimes forceful in his actions. His past has created a man unable to understand the simple steps of a courtship and his reactions to that uncertainty often cause serious issues between this couple. And through it all, I absolutely loved him.

”A fire filled his chest, but it wasn’t the kind that caused damage. Gwen had extinguished that fire that had burned in him. No, the flames that flared now were filled with hope.
Hope and want and love.”

The chemistry between Gwen and Blake is sizzling as are the smexy times they share. The pace is fast and never bogs down or repeats itself. I was amazed and shocked at the conflict and revelation that is finally revealed. Add in a great epilogue that takes us forward into time a few years, and I was a very happy reader.

description

I highly recommend this to anyone who loves a broken hero and some push and pull with their romance.

Dual POV
Safe (view spoiler)
Triggers (view spoiler)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fire.

April 27, 2019 – Started Reading
April 27, 2019 – Shelved
April 27, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-24 of 24 (24 new)

Mindy Lou's Book Review Awesome review Carla! I loved this one as well! I really like how Gwen handled things.

Carvanz Me too Mindy!!! ❤️❤️❤️

Mindy Lou's Book Review Carvanz wrote: "Me too Mindy!!! ❤️❤️❤️"

How many times do we wish a heroine responds more maturely??? Finally we get one in Gwen!

Carvanz Exactly!! Loved her!

message 5: by Isabella.R (new)

Isabella.R This sounds amazing! Sold Carla 🔥🔥

message 6: by Deborah (new) - added it

Deborah Sounds good it’s on my list 💕

Carol [Goodreads Addict] Wow! Fantastic review, Carla!!! I can't wait to get to this one!

message 8: by Kat (new) - added it

Kat Valentine F##king fabulous review Carvanz!!!💖💋 can't wait to read!!😉

Sandra Awesome review! I too loved this book!

Carvanz Isabella.R wrote: "This sounds amazing! Sold Carla 🔥🔥"

Yay! You're going to love it Isabella! It's quite angsty for this author but not totally over the top angst. But it's oh so good!

Carvanz Deborah wrote: "Sounds good it’s on my list 💕"

Can't wait to see what you think Deborah! This is a bit different than what this author usually writes.

Carvanz Carol [Goodreads Addict] wrote: "Wow! Fantastic review, Carla!!! I can't wait to get to this one!"

Oh, I'll have to be sure to keep an eye out for your review Carol. You're going to love Gwen!!! And Blake as well, as broken as he is.

Carvanz Kat wrote: "F##king fabulous review Carvanz!!!💖💋 can't wait to read!!😉"

Thank you Kat! I can't wait for you to experience this one! So good, although different than SC's usual stuff...I loved it!

Carvanz Sandra wrote: "Awesome review! I too loved this book!"

So glad to hear that Sandra! I've loved everything by this author so I wasn't surprised I loved this one as well, but holy heck...she shocked the living daylights out of me with that reveal!

message 15: by Radd Reader (new) - added it

Radd Reader Great review! This one wasn’t in my radar. Adding.

Carvanz Radd Reader wrote: "Great review! This one wasn’t in my radar. Adding."

I'm so excited for you to read this one Radd! Glad to put it in your path!

message 17: by Bookloverme (new) - added it

Bookloverme Awesome review, dear! :)

Carvanz Bookloverme wrote: "Awesome review, dear! :)"

Thank you Booklover! This was a great book and I absolutely Loved Blake and Gwen!

message 19: by Jessa (new)

Jessa York This one looks HAWT!!

Carvanz Jessa wrote: "This one looks HAWT!!"

Lol! I can't imagine what makes you think that!

message 21: by Danni (new) - added it

Danni Does he have a dead ex?

Carvanz Danni wrote: "Does he have a dead ex?"

Hey Danni! No, nothing like that.

message 23: by Somia (new) - added it

Somia Fab review!!

Carvanz Somia wrote: "Fab review!!"

Thank you Somia! This is an awesome read! I highly recommend it if you like a broken broody hero.