Carvanz's Reviews > Before Ben

Before Ben by Cynthia Eden

20266662
Oh my gawd! This author is totally killing it with this series! And holy geez! This one is just as good if not better than the previous books! After all, when they’re all freaking amazing, it’s hard to determine which is the best.

Ben and Courtney have known each other since their first year of law school. And from pretty much the first moment, their relationship has been that of enemies. As fierce competitors, they waged battle in the classroom and now they continue to do so in the courtroom. Even so, Ben has been relentless in his pursuit of her. Courtney, despite her attraction to him, has had no issue of turning him down each of the numerous times he’s propositioned her. Until a “swipe right” turns into a no show and Ben is in the right place at the right time.

description

Ben has been watching Courtney for years. He can recall every single thing about the first moment he saw her. Her fierce determination to be the best only called forth his own need to be the best man he could be. She isn’t aware that their arguments and banter only makes him want her more. And he can’t count how many times he’s asked her out only to be shot down. But he will never stop trying. When he finally gets an in, he’s taking it and he’s not letting go.

”A rough, possessive edge had entered his voice. Her gaze flew to him just as he bent down and picked up – yep, her panties.
His fingers curled around them. “I get that you think I’m a playboy.”

“Um, aren’t you?”

His head tilted back. “Let’s be very clear. I am not playing with you.”

The heartbeat that had just calmed down suddenly sped right back up. “Then what are you doing?”

“Wanting you more than I’ve ever wanted another woman.”

description

This book was freaking amazing! I absolutely LOVED the way Ben was one hundred percent determined to keep Courtney and when the need arose, to protect her. He might not be the intense brother, as he has always been laid back, fun and playful, but when he learns someone is stalking her, his protective instincts rise up and he’s more than capable and willing to do what is necessary to keep her safe.

”Like the rest of the world, he saw what Ben wanted him to see. The image he presented to the world.

Good guy, my a$$.

He could fight dirty. He could play hard. He could be the sonofab!tch you never wanted to face in the dark.”

description

I’m usually all about the hero, but with this series, I’ve found that the prefect heroine has become an expectation and Courtney more than met mine. She’s feisty and independent, fierce but sweet and caring, and more than capable of kicking tail but never harsh with a tough exterior.

I can’t gush enough about how much I loved this couple as both individuals and as a couple. Their past was rife with the enemies vibe, but beneath it was an attraction that when given a chance flamed into a consuming fire. The danger and conflict they face served to highlight their own strengths and weaknesses and gives the reader the opportunity to see more of what makes each of them click alone and together. And oh my gosh…the twists are everywhere and you will NEVER guess as to how this all plays out.

I can’t recommend this book or this series enough!

I voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced copy of this book provided by NetGalley and Hocus Pocus Publishing. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

Dual POV
Safe (view spoiler)
Triggers (view spoiler)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Before Ben.

April 27, 2019 – Started Reading
April 27, 2019 – Shelved
April 27, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)

message 1: by Deborah (new)

Deborah Great review Carla 💕

message 2: by Kat (new) - added it

Kat Valentine Excellent review Carvanz!!💖💋

Carvanz Kat wrote: "Excellent review Carvanz!!💖💋"

Deborah wrote: "Great review Carla 💕"

Thank you ladies! I've loved the other books in this series just as much! I can't recommend any of them enough!

message 4: by Barbara➰ (new)

Barbara➰ Great review Carla!

Carvanz Barbara➰ wrote: "Great review Carla!"

Thanks Barbara! I just noticed that there's another book that connects this series and begins a new one and I'm sooo excited about it! I've loved every one of the books here.

message 6: by Irene (new)

Irene Sim Fabulous review, Carla!

Carvanz Irene wrote: "Fabulous review, Carla!"

Thank you Irene! Each one of these books has been exceptional!

message 8: by Irene (new)

Irene Sim Maybe I should give it a go, if the suspense is equally good...

Carvanz We each have our own idea of what's suspenseful but for me this one was. Most everything she writes has some moments of suspense but she also has plenty of romance and lots of alphaness.