Sarah's Reviews > Stay

Stay by Tia Louise

bookshelves: 2019-arc-reads

Let's just start off by saying that I would conveniently marry Stephen Hastings in a heartbeat! This ex-Navy billionaire was so swoon-worthy in this book that I was sighing and swooning my way through the chapters just to get more of him. Yes - this is a book with a marriage of convenience; it is also enemies-to-lovers, which is one of my favorite tropes!

Stephen & Emmy reunite several years after he takes her V-card, and she is left with a broken heart. Over the years, she is married and divorced and has a young son with a serious brain condition, Eli. Eli steals a big part of this book. He wins over Stephen's affection immediately, and I loved the bond that they had and how Stephen took to caring for Eli so naturally. It made me swoon over him that much more.

Emmy has learned to take care of herself and Eli over the years. She is a fighter, determined, will not take any hand-outs, yet at the same time, she is desperate and will do anything to help her son and his condition. My heart broke for her, and I wanted to hug her one minute and scream at her the next. Her character development is one that will leave you standing and cheering for the single moms out there.

Stephen & Emmy were on fire when they were together. Their chemistry was undeniable from the beginning and only grew from there. I loved Stephen's protective and possessive nature over both Emmy & Eli, and how natural and real not only Stephen & Emmy's relationship seemed, but also their relationship as a family. This story left me wanting my own fairy-tale ending! Well done once again Tia Louise!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Stay.

April 27, 2019 – Shelved