Sarah's Reviews > A Cruel Love

A Cruel Love by S.M. Soto

bookshelves: 2019-arc-reads

Once again SM Soto has created characters and written a story that is so dark I never thought I'd fall for this anti-hero. I was taken back from the start - he's crass, cold, shows no emotion and has no empathy - but these types just draw me in more. He follows the beat of his own drum and takes orders from one man, and one man only. As SM Soto wrote detail after detail of this broken and yes, tortured man, something happened. My heart started softening for him. He wasn't so cruel anymore, and his actions and lack of feelings somehow seemed justified. Percivale is the heart and soul of this book, but it is Blossom who steals the spotlight.

The depth of these characters is multi-layered. They are both broken yet live two completely different lives. When Percivale first sees Blossom, his interest in her sparked a fire deep within him that could not be put out. As their story unfolds, they both face inner-battles with past demons and the feelings they have for one another. Their lust and passion is hot, their emotions and arguments are real and raw, and you will feel like you are right there living and breathing with these two in the moment.

"He's everything I'm not. He has the guts to do and say everything I don't. He makes me want to be bad like him. He makes me want to do bad things."

This book will pull you in from the beginning and take you on the emotional roller-coaster ride of darkness and passion that SM Soto does best! It is not for the faint of heart - but every grueling scene and sacrifice by these two characters are so worth the held breaths, and possible tears. Percivale and Blossom have become one of my favorite dark romance couples by far!! Well done once again SM Soto!!!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Cruel Love.

April 26, 2019 – Shelved