Madeleine's Reviews > The Two Princesses of Bamarre

The Two Princesses of Bamarre by Gail Carson Levine

20603646

bookshelves: 2019-reads, kindle, library-loan, absolute-favorites, x-fantasy

I first read this almost 20 years ago when it first came out, and 20 years later, I still love. this. book.

I find it so hard to write reviews of my 5-star reads because I just can't seem to put into words what I love about it so much. The two sisters, Addie and Meryl, are so well-written. For being such a quick read (I read it in one day), there is a lot of depth in the fantasy world the author has built. I'm just a sucker for a book with a lot of backstory to their fictional world (ahem ASOIAF), so I loved the mythos of Bamarre and their hero Drualt. I loved all the little trials and tribulations Addie goes through in her journey, and the twists and turns that lead her to the end. I still remember reading the ending for the first time all those years ago and having my mind BLOWN how everything came together!!

I'm so happy this book has held up for me over time. I definitely will have this one in my back pocket for a slump buster in the future, too.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Two Princesses of Bamarre.

April 26, 2019 – Started Reading