Cadiva's Reviews > Under His Protection

Under His Protection by LaQuette

Well that was just smashing. A bit more steamy than I was expecting from a Dreamspun Desires romance and a whole load of wonderful family dynamics.

It's a kind of opposites attract and a bit of a second chance romance with an entitled ADA and the New York cop he ran out on after a night of soul connecting sex five years earlier.

I know other reviewers have mentioned the quick way in which the big threat to Camden's life was wrapped up, but to be honest, I wasn't expecting anything else with this line.

Elijah and his family were awesome, I loved them so much, the humour was on point and I liked how he and Cam broke down their barriers to get back to the sense that their relationship could be something special.

My first book from LaQuette and I loved the representation of strong people of colour and the interracial romance. Gorgeous cover too.

#ARC kindly received from the publishers Dreamspinner Press in return for an honest and unbiased review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Under His Protection.

April 26, 2019 – Shelved
May 13, 2019 – Started Reading
May 15, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)

Sandra Oh, I'm so happy you liked this too. :)

message 2: by Karla (new)

Karla Fab review, Cadiva! Glad you enjoyed.

Cadiva Sandra wrote: "Oh, I'm so happy you liked this too. :)"

Loved it!

Karla wrote: "Fab review, Cadiva! Glad you enjoyed."

Thanks Karla!