Ashlee » Library In The Country's Reviews > Jersey Six

Jersey Six by Jewel E. Ann

bookshelves: enemies-to-lovers, favorites, new-adult, romance

This book was visceral and mind bending and just downright AMAZING.

I absolutely adore Jewel E. Ann’s writing, characters and stories and this one levels the playing field. It has the unwavering grit of her Jack & Jill series, the desperate and unyielding romance of Undeniably You and the absolutely mind blowing suspense of Transcend and Epoch.

I knew, I just KNEW about a quarter of the way into this book that it would wreck me. I was coming to love a character I should hate and not really sure why I should hate them. I was coming to distrust a character I loved and couldn’t make sense of how JEA was totally throwing my mind of kilter.

This book touches on SO many tough and authentic subjects such as homelessness, PTSD and mental illness, sexual abuse, physical and mental abuse, trauma, abandonment, amnesia and JEA does it well. So freaking well.

The relationship that develops between Jersey and Chris, their cohabitation and friendship was so genuine and touching. I really enjoyed the portrayal of their mutual dependence upon each other and how they found safe company in each other.

Then Ian enters their lives and their whole world is ripped away while the world itself is handed to them on a silver platter. Jersey’s life with Ian is tumultuous and confusing at times. They crash together like waves breaking upon a cliff. Both molding each other into what comes next and unable to stop the rolling of the tide. I was intrigued, I was appalled, I was in their clutches and then I was shocked. I loved how messy and beautifully their relationship blossomed and their feelings developed. I could feel the desperation behind their moments together.

The big revelations in this truly shocked me. I had one of them guessed around 50% ... but that’s not saying much because I was still thinking to myself, “If this ends up being true, this is CRAZY.” Well let me tell you folks, it was true and then the crazy train just kept on barreling down on me. The next plot twist came and knocked me off my feet. A true mind bender. And it all made sense. It made perfect sense.

Jersey has secrets we know and an insatiable desire for revenge. Ian is holding something back that he knows will change the way Jersey looks at him forever. Perhaps she will never wish to look at him again for the crimes he’s committed.

Overall, this one definitely ties with Undeniably You for my favorite JEA book and that’s saying a lot, because I feel very strongly about that book and the fact it made me cry for basically the last half of it. 😂 I highly, highly recommend this book if you enjoy romance in the vein of Colleen Hoover. I haven’t seen anyone write such emotional and gripping but romantic stories as her and Jewel E. Ann.

I also have never read a “rock star” romance because I felt as though it wouldn’t be my cup of tea but I feel like I could definitely jump upon the bandwagon now. 😂

SPOILER BELOW

SPOILER, but I have to say it: (view spoiler)

This book was provided to me by the publisher and author in exchange for an honest review.

——————-

May 13th, 2019:
COVER REVEAL on my blog tomorrow, Library in the Country. :D

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Jersey Six.

April 26, 2019 – Shelved
April 26, 2019 – Shelved as: to-read
June 4, 2019 – Started Reading
page 0
"ARC time 😍"
June 4, 2019 –
21.0% "I don’t know how Jewel does this but I already foresee this book really messing me up. 😬"
June 4, 2019 –
40.0% "This book is going to totally mind fuck me and I know it. I have a theory for a possible twist and it’s so messed up and PERFECT."
June 5, 2019 –
51.0% "Chris’s egging Jersey on is so damn suspicious, I don’t know who to trust! 😭"
June 5, 2019 –
78.0% "Arghhhhhhh. This character!"
78.0% "The story of my life and this book:

"
June 5, 2019 –
82.0% "THE PUNCH LINE GUYS. OMG. This book just steamrolled my mind with the force of a freight train.

I would say I’m not crying, but I’m fucking crying."
June 5, 2019 – Finished Reading
June 27, 2019 – Shelved as: enemies-to-lovers
June 27, 2019 – Shelved as: favorites
June 27, 2019 – Shelved as: new-adult
June 27, 2019 – Shelved as: romance

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

message 1: by DJ (new) - rated it 5 stars

DJ Sakata On my TBR - I adore Jewel E. Ann

Hulya Kara Yuksel Jewel never disappoints me! <3 I loved this one, too. ;)