Sarah's Reviews > Serenading Heartbreak

Serenading Heartbreak by Ella Fields

bookshelves: 2019-arc-reads, favorites

I know going into an Ella Fields' novel that I need to prepare for angst and emotional turmoil; but I was not prepared for this book!!!! Each book Ella writes, she ups her game and her writing just keeps getting better and better. This book absolutely blew me away. I was nervous to turn the pages, scared of what was to come, because early on I fell for these characters. This is what E Fields does - she creates characters who are relatable and oh so real that you can't help but invest every single feeling in them. They make you sigh and swoon, and feel like you are in the pages of the book - not just outside looking in. I felt every emotion these characters had, and it both squeezed my heart and healed it.

From the first Chapter I was already pulled into the lives of Stevie, her brother Hendrix, and the broken boy from across the street, Everett. The pull between Stevie & Everett was apparent from the beginning and their chemistry and connection only grew from there. It was natural. It was raw and beautiful. Everett never hid his family life from her, and the ease and comfort of their friendship held a constant buzz below the surface that always felt like so much more. The push and pull between these two characters was so strong over the years - but it never wavered. It was extreme, passionate, heartbreaking, and beautiful. I both loved them and hated them at times. I wanted to scream at Everett and cry with Stevie. But mostly, I just wanted their love. I believed in their connection and felt every beautiful word that E Fields wrote about their pull to one another.

"In a world filled with thorns and poisonous flowers, somehow, I was lucky enough to find you. My clover." - Everett

But this story is not just about wanting a love you can't have, it is about letting go, forgiveness, and chasing your own dreams. It is about happiness at its deepest roots - beginning with yourself. Stevie's relationship with Aiden was just that. I fell for Aiden HARD. He is everything every woman could ever want - loyal, charming, driven, a flirt, did I say charming?!? His love for Stevie was unwavering and that alone had my heart aching for him. His devotion to her, the sacrifices he made for their friendship alone had me sighing for him and wanting to yell at Stevie "run away and marry him!!!!" Their chemistry was amazing, and their easy friendship and love made me sigh and swoon constantly.

"Where are we going?" "To talk or make out. I'd prefer the latter, but I'm also happy to simply stare at you." - Aiden

I feel tongue-tied when I think about this book. It took my breath away. I couldn't put it down. I was addicted and all-consumed with these characters. I cheered for one, then turned around and cheered for another. It will surprise you, make you laugh, and shed tears. I fell for both of these men, and loved both of their relationships with Stevie. I never wanted either to end. But at the end of the story, I had to trust Ella that she would follow Stevie's heart. And that she did. I wish I could have two true loves like Stevie. Now, I'm just hoping for more of her story in hopefully her brother, Hendrix, book!!?!?!? Well done E Fields! To say I'm a fan is an understatement. You wow me with your beautifully brilliant words every.single.time.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Serenading Heartbreak.

April 26, 2019 – Shelved