Selena's Reviews > Not My Daughter

Not My Daughter by Kate Hewitt

1932900

bookshelves: netgalley-giveaway

I received a free e-copy of Not My Daughter by Kate Hewitt from NetGalley for my honest review.

This is the first book I have read by Kate Hewitt. Amazing, emotional and heartfelt story.

Milly and Matthew are heartbroken when they find out that they they have fertility problems. Milly, who was adopted, has dreamed of having a child of her own. She talks to her best friend, Anna about the news. Anna then offers to donate her eggs so that Milly can have a child. She didn't even ask Anna, she just offered without hesitation. Milly then talks with Matt about it. Matt then goes to his brother, Jack and asks he he would donate his sperm.

Joy is suddenly all around as everyone has committed to help Milly and Matthew with their dream of having a child. Several months pass and Baby Alice is born prematurely. Milly is struggling with her emotions as she feels no maternal love for the baby. She decides to leave the baby with Anna and Matt while she goes off to find herself some rest, meditation and help to be the mother Alice needs.

Finally Milly feels well enough to go home but when she arrives she discovers she has a lot more things to deal with. A heart breaking emotional story of love, hope, friendship, lies and despair.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Not My Daughter.

April 25, 2019 – Started Reading
April 25, 2019 – Shelved
April 25, 2019 –
April 26, 2019 –
April 27, 2019 –
April 28, 2019 –
April 29, 2019 – Finished Reading
May 1, 2019 – Shelved as: netgalley-giveaway

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)

Jaline - (on partial hiatus) I love your review, Selena - and I'm so glad you loved this novel! :)

message 2: by JanB (new)

JanB Selena, this sounds like a heartbreaking novel with all the feels. Terrific review :)

Selena Jaline wrote: "I love your review, Selena - and I'm so glad you loved this novel! :)"

Thank you so much Jaline. xoxo

Selena JanB wrote: "Selena, this sounds like a heartbreaking novel with all the feels. Terrific review :)"

Thank you so much Jan. It was a beautifully emotional novel. One that sticks with you.

Mary Beth *Traveling Sister* Lovely review, Selena! Sounds like an emotional one. So glad you enjoyed it. 💕

Selena Mary Beth *Traveling Sister* wrote: "Lovely review, Selena! Sounds like an emotional one. So glad you enjoyed it. 💕"

Thank you so much Mary Beth! It was very emotional.

message 7: by Debra (new)

Debra Great review, Selena! Sounds like a roller coaster of emotions.

Selena Debra wrote: "Great review, Selena! Sounds like a roller coaster of emotions."

Thank you Debra! It really was but so amazing.