Terence's Reviews > Age of Legend

Age of Legend by Michael J. Sullivan

23206148

The war rages on until it reaches a stalemate. Persephone tries to forge a peace only to see her ambassador betrayed and taken captive. An unlikely group seeks a legend in order to save their friend.

Age of Legend is an enjoyable book, but I just don't see how they could end it where they did. Worst of all it caught me completely off guard because I was only 86% of the way through the book according to my Kindle. I can't believe I have to wait another year at minimum to learn what happens next. That just kills me.

Age of Legend has all the usual style and substance of Michael J. Sullivan. Excellent world building and thrilling plot points. I also love so many of the characters. They just complement one another so well. Persephone takes a major back seat as this book is largely carried by Brin and Tesh among others. The devotion between characters is truly touching as well.

Age of Legend is a great book even if I'm disappointed with the cliffhanger ending.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Age of Legend.

April 25, 2019 – Shelved
April 25, 2019 – Shelved as: to-read
May 15, 2019 – Started Reading
May 17, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)

message 1: by Beverly (last edited May 18, 2019 05:05AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Beverly Hey, Terence. Because Michael is self publishing these last books in the series, he hopes to get them out about 6 months apart, so if everything works out, we won't have to wait a year for the next one, Age of Death.

Terence Beverly wrote: "Hey, Terence. Because Michael is self publishing these last books in the series, he hopes to get them out about 6 months apart, so if everything works out, we won't have to wait a year for the next..."

That's really good to know, thanks Beverly.

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin I’m still waiting for my preorder. I think it’s on preorder. I have no idea what’s going on in my life 😫

Terence Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ wrote: "I’m still waiting for my preorder. I think it’s on preorder. I have no idea what’s going on in my life 😫"

I donated to the Kickstarter and received the book early. It's not out until July though it is on NetGalley if you're using that again.

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin I’m trying to finish up with Netgalley. Reading has been stressing me again, hence my mostly star reviews because I don’t care any more. 😕. But that’s fine by me. Thanks for the info though!

message 6: by L (new)

L George +1 on Terence's comment. I truly enjoyed the book, but it made me think about series that close at least part of the plot by the end of each book, vs. leaving the reader completely hanging. Not happy. I'll wait until the rest of the series is available before reading any more.