Eve (Between The Bookends)'s Reviews > Lead the Way

Lead the Way by Brittany  Carter

it was ok

description
description I wanted to love this one, but I just didn't. I struggled the entire way through. It was SO slow going, and I lost interest several times. I wanted more about the murder of the heroine's parents. Instead, I just got a bunch of day-to-day things with everyone and their brother hating Thane. It slightly picked up in the second half, but it wasn't what I expected from reading the synopsis. Not to mention I just couldn't stomach Jackson or the heroine who is 22 years old, but lets her brothers bully her and treat her like a 10-year-old. I mean the whole "Sammy" situation was eye-rolling. A babysitter for a 22-year-old??!! Sigh...it just wasn't great for me.

However, I am just one opinion in a sea of many so keep that in mind when deciding on whether you want to give this one a chance or not.

SIDE NOTE: This is just random, but there was something that nagged at me through this entire book. This guy had plenty on money. He hated this town, and EVERYONE except some old lady and the heroine hated him...why didn't he just pay someone to fix up the damn house??!! And yes I know then there wouldn't have been a story...but it drove me batty!! (lol)

descriptiondescriptiondescriptiondescriptiondescription

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lead the Way.

April 25, 2019 – Shelved
April 25, 2019 – Shelved as: june-arcs-to-review
June 5, 2019 – Started Reading
June 7, 2019 –
page 0
0.0% "Ugh...I am struggling with this book. It is super slow. I can't stand Jackson, and the "everyone hates Thane" shit is being laid on way to thick and it is seriously ruining this story for me..."
June 7, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)

Brittany Carter June is almost here and I can't wait to see what you think! :)

Jenny••Steamy Reads Blog•• Great review Eve dear❤️ Hoping your next read is better!!

Eve (Between The Bookends) Jenny••Steamy Reads Blog•• wrote: "Great review Eve dear❤️ Hoping your next read is better!!"

Thanks, Love! <3

Brittany Carter Ah, sorry you didn't like it! Maybe next time! :)