Jan's Reviews > Murder of a Small-Town Honey

Murder of a Small-Town Honey by Denise Swanson

Feb 18, 2012

liked it
bookshelves: cozies, mystery, family, brothers-and-sisters
Read from April 27 to May 01, 2012

3 1/2 stars. Skye Denison has returned to the hometown she never meant to live in again. Having lost her school psychologist job, she has managed to get the same position in Scumble River. It is not ideal but begger's can't be losers. No sooner has Skye arrived than she is coerced into working at the local Chokeberry Days Festival. When she tries to rouse the the TV storyteller, Mrs. Gumtree, from her trailer, she finds the old lady dead and, er, not old. She is really a young Honey Adair who spent her senior year making a path through the Scumble River male population, including Skye's brother, Vince.
When Vince is implicated in the murder, Skye is determined to find the real killer.

I enjoyed this book. Skye is a funny character. The supporting cast of her parents, friends and co-workers was well defined and likeable. Well, except when we are not supposed to like them. I got a feel for the small town right away. While it was not the best first book in a series I have read, I do plan to read the next in the series. I think there is a lot of potential here.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Murder of a Small-Town Honey.

04/29/2012 page 79