Amanda's Reviews > The Dar Lumbre Chronicles

The Dar Lumbre Chronicles by Don Johnston

liked it
bookshelves: for-review-2019

The premise of The Dar Lumbre Chronicles by Don Johnston is that 116 years in our future, not too much has changed; our government is corrupt, our healthcare system is in shambles, there are practical ways to fix these issues but those might cost rich people too much money so nothing gets done, people die and the cycle continues. At least in works of fiction, there can be some retribution and positive change and Johnston delivers in the regard.

Science fiction featuring medicine and genetics is a fascinating genre but where I fell some authors drop the ball is in developing characters who matter to the reader as much as whatever medical or genetic problem the plot is based around. Annie and Crane are an exception in that they are singularly focused yet complex enough to be interesting. That can be a difficult balance to achieve, though it seems effortless in The Dum Lumbre Chronicles. I found this novel to be a quick but fulfilling read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Dar Lumbre Chronicles.

April 24, 2019 – Started Reading