Garden Of REden's Reviews > Top Secret

Top Secret by Sarina Bowen

Read 2 times. Last read May 3, 2019.

REVIEWED BY JENN

OFF THE CHARTS

Separately, Sarina Bowen and Elle Kennedy are two of the best writers publishing today. But put them together, and they are a powerhouse. There is something magical that comes from their co-written words. It's something you don’t often experience, but when you do, you know you're in for something unique. Top Secret, their latest collaboration, is that something special.

You know nothing good can come of a girl asking her long term boyfriend to shake things up by asking him to find them a third party to add to their bed. But that's what happens, and the results are entirely unexpected. Keaton and Luke find each other, and their chemistry is instantaneous. You can tell from the first few words they exchange over text that this is going to be something spectacular. And it was. But what these two don't know, is that outside of their super hot sex bubble, they are actually bitter rivals.

The way the story unfolded was brilliant. Bowen and Kennedy could have taken the easy way out with reveals and reactions, but they made Keaton and Luke, and by extension, the reader, work for it. Too many times I held my breath, wondering if this was the moment their true identities would be revealed, only to be thwarted. But when they finally revealed themselves to each other… My goodness. The hate, the attraction, the lingering questions, and that kiss. Gah! I was a puddle of goo, and I just wanted more.

Let me be upfront. I was predisposed to love this story. These are two of my favorite authors, and I continuously love and crave their words. So, I knew I was going to love it. I knew it was going to be hot. But what I didn't expect was how much I was going to feel. My emotions took me by complete surprise, and to be honest, I wasn't sure at some points that I was going to get the outcome I wanted. Thankfully, this is the romance genre where happily ever afters are usually a given. But that doesn't mean Bowen and Kennedy won't make you work for it. And you’re going to love the ride.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Top Secret.

April 22, 2019 – Started Reading
April 22, 2019 – Finished Reading
April 23, 2019 – Shelved
May 3, 2019 – Started Reading
May 3, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)

Mo (The Scarlet Siren) So excited for this! Love this review!

message 2: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Love this review can't wait to get my hands on it.

The Book Bee I already know that I'm going to smile while reading this one....Oh.My.Gosh.

Great review!!

Garden Of REden It's such a fun read... but expect to FEEL!