Alex findingmontauk1's Reviews > Osgood As Gone

Osgood As Gone by Cooper S. Beckett

bookshelves: owned, kindle-books

Osgood As Gone is a fun, unique, paranormal mystery book that I recommend to anyone! It's got so many elements of the supernatural and urban fantasy thriller. There's a lot going on in this one book, the first book in The Spectral Inspector series. What makes this book unique? First and foremost, the protagonist is a badass, non-monogamous queer detective boomin' with wit, sass, and insight. I could seriously read about Prudence Osgood for years to come. She is real, down-to-earth, and doesn't take any bullcrap from anyone! And with all of her pros, she also has a comparable list of cons. Beckett explores both her strengths and weaknesses which just made me love her even more seeing her from every angle. My hope is that she takes the internet and book world by storm and everyone gets to know her.

There are so many cool topics covered in the book: cults, music/vintage music, supernatural elements, conspiracy theories, drug addiction, insane dreams/parallel dimensions, sex exploration, computer forensics/hacking, AND even true crime! Everybody will be able to connect with and enjoy something from this book. And Beckett's writing just makes it so easy, too. The pacing of the story is excellent and it helps make this book super hard to put down!

I already think this will go on my list of Top 5 favorite books of 2019. We still have a few months to go, so I can't swear by it. But I know I loved it that much! 5 stars! So now I just have to sit here eagerly awaiting the second book in this series. Patience is NOT my strong suit. But in the meantime, perhaps I can encourage as many people who find any of what I have said interesting to buy this book so that we can discuss it together!

Thanks to the author for a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Osgood As Gone.

April 23, 2019 – Started Reading
April 23, 2019 – Shelved
April 23, 2019 – Shelved as: to-read
April 23, 2019 – Shelved as: owned
April 23, 2019 – Shelved as: kindle-books
April 24, 2019 –
page 89
30.17% "REALLY enjoying this one so far!!"
April 28, 2019 – Finished Reading