Addison Carmichael's Reviews > Redeemed

Redeemed by Maggie Blackbird

I really loved this second Matawapit Family book REDEEMED even more than the first! Maggie Blackbird really draws you into this world and these characters that are completely believable and relatable. As in the first book, this story touches on subjects we tend to shy away from (gang violence, foster system, etc.). Yet, it also draws us into the story in such a way that it forces us to look beyond our own limited viewpoints on them. Mostly, this is a story each and every one of us can relate to in some form--second chances at forgiveness and the desire for our own happily ever after. In this, the story and subject matter was remarkably tackled and battle lovingly won. I highly recommend REDEEMED, particularly for a book club selection that would make for some great discussion. Can't wait for the third sibling's story (Jude), and I'm hoping Ms. Blackbird is considering a prequel that stars the parents. Sounds like there's a great and interesting story there! One, I would definitely read.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Redeemed.

Finished Reading